The Australian Academy of the Humanities is pleased to call for applications to the International Science Linkages – Humanities and Creative Arts (ISL-HCA) Programme, funded by the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research (DIISR) to support international collaborative research activities in the humanities and creative arts. The International Science Linkages (ISL) Programme aims to facilitate and support research cooperation between Australian researchers and leading counterparts overseas. This new ISL Humanities and Creative Arts (ISL-HCA) Programme will provide targeted support in order to:
- promote access and participation for Australian humanities and creative arts researchers in strategically focused, leading edge, international research; and
- increase strategic alliances between Australian and overseas researchers.
ISL-HCA has two application rounds: first round closes on 5 October 2009 and a second round will take place in early 2010. To lodge your application, please obtain the Guidelines, the appropriate Application Form (International Research Fellowship or Visiting Fellowship) and the Cover Sheet. These documents on the AAH ISL web page: www.humanities.org.au/ISL.html
In the first round two schemes are offered:
1. International Research Fellowships for early to mid-career researchers to work in collaborative research groups abroad; and
2. Visiting Fellowships for eminent humanities and/or creative arts scholars to visit Australia and participate in seminars and masterclasses.
These will continue in the second round and will be supplemented by a third scheme:
3. International Collaborative Workshops (more details on the second round will be posted on our website in November).
Australian Academy of the Humanities
3 Liversidge Street | ACTON | ANU Campus
GPO Box 93 | Canberra | ACT 2601 | AUSTRALIA
Tel: +61 2 6125 9860 (front office) | Fax: +61 2 6248 6287